"To be, or not to be; that is the bare bodkin, that makes calamity of so long life."

- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn; 1885




Sunday, August 8, 2010

Missy is always up and about on the Weekends.

T'was a random, smoking-brunching-working weekend. Sexy Boy (as he likes to be called) and I, Sunday-brunched at The Yum Yum Tree; the sushi was good and I totally loved the conveyor belt system of buffet. My favourite parts of the brunch: the Prawn Tempura, the Chicken Satay with Peanut Dressing, the Green Apple Martini, the Peach Schnapps Martini, and the famous Yum Yum Tree New York Cheesecake, which is the best I've had in Delhi (and Vir Sanghvi agrees to that). I wore a dainty scarf over my collared white shirt tucked in the blue jeans and felt and acted quite up-street, for a change.

Sexy Boy gifted me those Sobranies. Also, he was the one to suggest that I try them as a subject for my new found interest in photography. Did I mention I had bought a new SLR camera? Those below, may not be the best shot, but I'm determined to get there, err, someday. I haven't made it out of the automatic mode yet, but I am hoping to, as soon as I find some quality time alone with my Canon. I discovered that while in fully auto mode the SLR focuses on the closest identifiable object in the frame, and therefore placement of subject becomes really important (yeah okay, so I'm a total novice, and maybe that was obvious and kind of d-uh, but one has to begin somewhere.) The Sobranies are literally so beautiful, I think I will just let them sit in that pack and refrain from smoking any.

The Travel Book photo figures here so as to remind myself and you, dear reader, why I bought the camera in the first place. The roads, my camera and me: The Ultimate Dream.

Oh, and I finally enrolled for weekend Spanish lessons. That was a weekend well spent. Now back to getting some work done, which has taken a back seat through all this.

Anyhoo, check out the Sobranie of London.




(Gasp! Knuckles, not very pretty; also must change nail paint. Sigh)


New ash-tray likes to pose.


Clickety-click with one hand and tapety-tap with the other.


Remind me again, why I need to just go.
P.S: Don't forget to feed my fish. Their names are: Red: Dhishum, Green: Golum, Orange: Tang, Yellow: Scuttle and Blue: Marina

4 comments:

  1. awwwww....u have names for your fish :)
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the work :) keep it up.

    Also, where in Delhi do you get the Sobranies? Please reply asap.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never quite been a fan of Vir Sanghvi, gave up on him completely after his weird fixation with the 'Authentic Luknowvi Biriyani' surfaced, but he was bang on with Yum Yum Tree. Miss NFC...

    And your post totally stirred up memories of the Nat Shermans I picked up in Singapore duty free, a month ago. Why I'm almost nostalgic now....

    Can you really get fashion ciggaretes in Delhi?

    P.S. Got late on this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Sobranies.

    Yes, yes.

    ReplyDelete